Training and Experience
Licenses, Certifications, Memberships and Trainings
- University of Washington Certificate Program in Gerontology 2010
- Licensed Practical Massage Therapist, State of Washington (MA00008029) Certification earned from Seattle Massage School, now Everest College, 1995.
- Nationally Certified in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (562296-08).
- Certified Level 1 and 2 Geriatric Massage, Daybreak Geriatric Massage Institute.
- Licensed Registered Counselor, State of Washington ( RC 00013577), 1992-2010
- Counselor Certified Certification State of Washington(CL 60168658) 2010 to June 2015.
- Member, Associated Body Work and Massage Professionals. A membership organization serving the massage, bodywork, somatic and esthetic professions offering support and information to assist practitioners in keeping abreast of new theory and practice ideas.
- CranioSacral Therapy (The Upledger Institute), 1996, 1999, 2003. A gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and improving functions of the physiological system of membranes and fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord.
- Energetic Therapies: "Healing Touch." Rev. Joan Smith and Dr. Mary of The Truth Center. 1986.
- Energetic Therapies: Master Level Reiki. Reiki Master Laurie Grant, 1994. Rei – Spiritual Wisdom; Ki – Life Force. This "universal vital energy" therapy heals by directing environmental energy through the hands, without touch, into the patient. It can be an effective treatment for pain or illness.
- Energetic Therapies: Tools of the Trade, Three in One Concepts, Inc., Gordon Stokes. 1995. Therapy using muscle testing to determine imbalances or disharmonies in mind, body or spirit.
- Energetic Therapies: Energy Interference Patterning (EIP). Level 3. Margaret Ruby, 2002-3. This vibrational healing technique was developed to assist in locating and releasing low vibrational belief systems, which causes physical, emotional and spiritual disease, understanding that energy interacts with the nervous system, the lymphatic system, circulatory system, respiratory system, digestive system, reproductive system and all the major organs and glands.
- Aromatherapy Coursework. Cheryl Young, Northwest Essence, 2001. The art and science of utilizing naturally extracted aromatic essences from plants to balance, harmonize, and promote the health of body, mind and spirit.
- Sound Healing: Classes taught by Tom Kenyon (1997), Glen Velez (2000, 2004), Shanti (2004) and Ellen Newhouse (2005). Use of Acutonic tuning forks, Tibetian bells and bowls and sound vocalization
- B.A. in Cultural Anthropology, University of Washington
Other Professional Experience
- Instructor, 1999. Designed and taught with Mika Lutzenhiser a four-hour class on Safe Touch for Youth
- Instructor, 2002. Designed and taught a workshop "Everyday People and Intuition" on learning to trust oneself.
- Instructor, 2003. Class on aromatherapy and sound for personal healing
- Facilitator 2010, Wellness Workshop to cocreate wellness and change through aromatherapy, music and laughter.